As a responsible business owner or manager with one eye on the bottom line and the other on maintaining a socially responsible operation, you may want to consider implementing a green supply chain.
Workplaces that “go green” adopt a variety of environmentally sound business policies. For example, you can:
- Set up eco-friendly recycling and secure shredding bins so staff can use them on a consistent basis.
- Install low-energy LED or fluorescent lighting to replace inefficient incandescent bulbs.
- Use smart thermostats will help you reduce your energy usage while keeping the office at comfortable temperatures both in summer and winter.
Establish a Green Supply Chain
A major feature of becoming more environmentally friendly is to establish a green supply chain for your business. It’s not enough to behave responsibly within your own firm. You also want to hire vendors who have a similar sustainability mission. The idea here is to understand your overall carbon footprint, even those footprints made by others on your behalf. The purpose of a green supply chain is to do your part to protect the Earth’s natural resources.
At Sergeant Shredder, we are devoted to the environmentalism cause. That’s why we recycle 100 percent of all paper items and e-waste that we shred for our customers. We are so committed to helping businesses eliminate their unwanted materials in an eco-friendly manner, we offer mobile on-site shredding services. Another alternative we provide are convenient drop-off outlets located throughout Southern California.
Key Aspects of Using Green Vendors
Here are three things to keep in mind when hiring environmentally-friendly vendors:
- Each company in the chain has adopted a corporate responsibility policy that addresses its commitment to the environment.
- Your suppliers have instituted programs to recycle every item they produce.
- Members of your supply chain use recycled materials whenever possible.
Once you have made the commitment to develop a green supply chain for your business, you will also want to make sure that you are getting rid of unwanted materials in a sustainable manner as well. This should involve shredding your recyclable materials instead of sending them to a landfill. When you hire Sergeant Shredder, you get:
- Materials securely destroyed and recycled
- Professional shredding vendor with state-of-the-art trucks that consume less fuel per pound of paper shredded than any other shredding system on the market.
- Free secure document bins or consoles made of recycled and eco-friendly materials.
What elements are part of your Green Supply Chain policies?